BY signing in to the website or DOWNLOADING, INSTALLING and logging in or using the Smiles application, you:
(a) acknowledge that you have read and understood these terms & conditions;
(b) REPRESENT THAT YOU ARE OF LEGAL AGE TO ENTER INTO A BINDING AGREEMENT; AND
(c) ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREE THAT YOU ARE LEGALLY BOUND BY ITS TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, DO NOT login, DOWNLOAD, INSTALL and login the Smiles app OR USE THE APPLICATION AND DELETE IT FROM YOUR DEVICE.
- Enrollment for “Smiles” is open to all individuals holding a valid mobile number which can receive One Time Password (OTP) through SMS for verification or in the case of Etisalat consumer segment customers by creating a unique Etisalat online Services username and password.
- A corporation, firm, partnership or any other entity, which is non-consumer, is not eligible to become a member.
- It is customer’s responsibility to provide/update his correct Name, Date of Birth & Email on Smiles App profile. In case customer is not able to verify through this information, Etisalat will not be able to provide any support or log a complaint for such customers.
- Consumers registering to Etisalat Online Services will be automatically enrolled in the program and a communication will be sent to the Primary account through SMS (if mobile). Customers will have to download Smiles App on Primary account to start earning points. For Non-Primary (linked accounts), customer will have to opt-in for each account to start earning points. This can be done from Smiles App > Profile > Settings > Manage Accounts.
- The “Smiles” program is a voluntary opt-in program. Any individual with a valid mobile number line can enroll through the Smiles App or Website. .
- Smiles will issue a Smiles membership number to the Member; against which his or her Points will be accrued.
- If the member does not log in to the Smiles App or Website for consecutive 6 months, Etisalat reserves the right to expire all earned points and cancel the memberships.
- Membership is automatically terminated on the death or bankruptcy of a Member. Points accumulated prior to termination in these circumstances will be immediately cancelled. However, "Smiles" may, at its own discretion, reinstate Points in favor of the heirs of the deceased Member upon the request of his or her personal representative.
- Membership is not transferable. Each member can hold only one Primary account linked to the membership. Points will be accrued or issued at the membership level for partner-related spend, recharges and bill payment wherever eligible. The points related to bill payments and recharges will be available to each single account belonging to the member.
- Members can access their memberships through the Smiles website using their Etisalat Online Services User ID and Password. Members can also access their membership by downloading and Onboarding through the Smiles mobile app.
- Members can only link their eligible Etisalat service accounts registered under their ownership into one Smiles Customer membership. Individual Service account users would still have access to all points earned on their Service account through Etisalat and Partner Spends, while the Primary account holder in the Customer membership can access and redeem points for all points earned through all service accounts within the Customer membership.
- The Primary account holder can also nominate one, multiple or all-individual service accounts linked to the Customer membership to have universal administrative access. Once this access provided the Individual service account holders can administer and redeem all points available in the customer membership. This is applicable to Etisalat consumer segment customers with more than one account under their ownership.
- Name changes by a Member must be notified to Etisalat "Smiles" in writing and accompanied by all such legal or other documentation as "Smiles" shall from time to time request to evidence that change. "Smiles" may require additional information for account validation purposes in respect of any change to a member's personal details.
- All tax, duties and other liabilities arising from the accumulation of Points or the receipt and use of Rewards are and remain the sole responsibility of Members and must be paid prior to the issuance of a Reward. "Smiles" gives no warranty or assurance in relation to such tax, duties or other liabilities.
- "Smiles" may in its absolute discretion suspend, cancel or terminate a Membership or a Member's accumulated Points at any time.
- A Member may at any time cancel his or her membership by advising "Smiles" Contact Centre in writing to Care@etisalat.ae
- All Points credited but not redeemed as well as any unutilized Rewards and vouchers are cancelled upon a person ceasing to be a Member.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to monitor/review his / her Smiles membership periodically to ensure that all linked accounts with his membership are under his/her ownership. In case of any unauthorized accounts linked with membership are found, customer should inform Etisalat immediately for the same by sending an email at email@example.com or calling 800 101.